Pledge of Allegiance
We say say these words to show our respect, honor, and loyalty to our country, but do you know what it actually means?
What does the Pledge mean?
- I pledge allegiance... you promise to be loyal
- to the Flag... to the symbol of your country
- of the United States of America... a nation of 50 states and several territories, each with certain rights of its own
- and to the Republic... a country where the people elect representatives from among themselves to make laws for everyone
- for which it stands... the flag represents the values of our form of government, in which everyone is equal under the law
- one Nation under God... a country formed under God whose people are free to believe as they wish
- indivisible... the nation cannot split into parts
- with liberty and justice... with freedom and a system of law
- for all... for every person in the nation, regardless of their differences